Neon Sign Endurance: Expert Tips for Prolonging the Life of Your Investment
Businesses looking for a unique way to promote their services and products are drawn to neon signs. How long will the lifespan of a neon sign be? What is the maintenance required? To learn more, read the post by Orant Neon below!
1. How long do you have to put a neon sign up?
LED Neon signs are popular due to their vibrant colors and eye-catching designs. They are frequently employed to advertise businesses or to draw attention to special occasions. How long can a neon sign be left on? To find out more about how long a neon sign last, read on!
1.1 Led signs
LED neon signs can be used continuously for up to 50,000 hours. If a malfunction occurs, it usually involves the circuit board or transformer, and if it does occur after the warranty has expired an affordable replacement can be provided. In contrast to Glass Neon, LEDs cannot be repaired once they’ve reached the end of their useful lives.
1.2 Glass neon
Glass neon signs have an endurance of 75,000 hours. They are able to be re-gassed once they’ve been utilized (filled with new neon gas). Your Glass Neon sign will last for many years when you care for it. Because of this, Glass neon signs are more expensive than typical LED neon signs.
2. Factors affecting the longevity of neon signs
There are a variety of elements that could influence the lifespan of a neon sign, like the quality of the material used, the sign’s installation, and the conditions under the conditions it operates. We’ll be discussing how each one of these variables influences the life of the neon sign in the following article.
2.1 Life of a Transformer
The neon sign transformer you choose to use will last between eight and fifteen years. The only factor influencing the figures is how often and efficiently you utilize the signs. If the sign is put in a dark, indoor space and away from the sun it is more durable than when it is frequently outdoors.
The life expectancy of a neon sign is dependent on its transformer
If they are used outdoors and exposed to the sun the transformers can be damaged which means they will not last longer than indoor signs.
An LED neon sign which is in contact with the incorrect power source can quickly become damaged. A flashing neon sign will shorten their lifespan.
2.3 Tube Life
Glass tubes that emit neon light typically last between 8 and 15 years. If the conditions are right and the signs are properly maintained, you might get your money’s value. The life span of coatings is between 7 and 10 years, depending on the use of the signs.
2.4 Power Supply
The time the sign remains up is also affected by issues with an unstable power supply. When the sign is being installed, you should notify the contractor. A reputable neon sign manufacturer can guarantee that the system is of superior quality.
>> Continue reading: Neon Colors, How to Choose Them?
3. How to increase the life of neon light bulbs?
Here are a few easy methods to extend the lifespan of your neon sign.
- It is advised to switch the sign-off when it has been in use for more than 24 hours. This will allow the light bulb and transformer (for LED signposts), to rest from being operated for too long.
- You can dim neon signs for a short time (if they are able to do so).
- Keep signs clean by regularly vacuuming them. Dirt can cause signs to fade in the event that it’s not removed.
- It is important to unplug neon signs daily, as it will result in more wear and wear and tear.
- Maintenance of neon signs on a regular basis.
- Our goal is to provide premium products at the most affordable price.
- Outdoor and indoor signs come with a 24-month warranty to cover any damage.
- Orant Neon’s neon flex technology is modern and stronger than the old-fashioned glass neon.
- LED neon lights are economical and environmentally responsible thanks to their low energy consumption and lifespan of over 100,000 hours.
- Orant Neon uses heat-free light tubes that are not broken or damaged glass to make our custom neon signs.